Thursday, August 4, 2011

Review # 6: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Description: (From Amazon.com)
" "My name was Salmon, like the fish; first name, Susie. I was fourteen when I was murdered on December 6, 1973."

So begins the story of Susie Salmon, who is adjusting to her new home in heaven, a place that is not at all what she expected, even as she is watching life on earth continue without her -- her friends trading rumors about her disappearance, her killer trying to cover his tracks, her grief-stricken family unraveling. Out of unspeakable tragedy and loss, THE LOVELY BONES succeeds, miraculously, in building a tale filled with hope, humor, suspense, even joy."

Review:
     I thought that this book was amazing! It kept me enthralled with its pages full of guilt-stricken emotion, and its eerie plot. I had to read the book when I heard the movie was coming out, and I am glad I did. The book conveyed so much more than a 2 hour movie ever could. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys being pulled in to a good read. 

Rating: On the Run (4.5/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment