Saturday, October 15, 2011

Review # 46: Natural Selection by Elizabeth Sharp

Description:
   Amelia Hoffman is not who, (or what), she thinks she is. Her parents and siblings have been keeping the truth from her for fifteen years, hoping to protect her. But now other-worlders are being murdered, and they are all connected to her. Can she accept her birthright and save the ones she loves before she's the next one on the chopping block? 
Review:
     I was relieved when I picked up Natural Selection and realized that vampires weren't involved; I am always looking for paranormal romance/fiction that doesn't fit "today's norm". Elizabeth Sharp does an amazing job with the mythology and development of her characters, particularly how she explains and details the Gaia, Djinn, Succubi, and witches. The characters are very realistic, and their attitudes and bonds with one another are one of my favorite aspects of the book. The story-line is slow at the beginning, but it picks up the pace once you get past the first couple chapters. The only part that irks me is the abruptness of the ending. I feel like there was a lot of build-up to the final confrontation, only to begin and end in a mere five page stretch. Loose ends were tied up, (very quickly), but I enjoyed the Epilogue and can't wait to read the next book in the Forces Of Nature series! I recommend this read to tweens, teens, and anyone who enjoys a quick and unique paranormal romance. 


Rating: Bounty's Out (3.5/5)


*** I received this book from 4 Corners Press in exchange for honest and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment